- Uses a Wideband UHF spectrum rather than the crowded 2.4Ghz spectrum. Frequencies span between 550-960 MHz (the actual band size and spectrum will depend on which block / regional kit that is purchased)
- Transmitter features a built-in recorder for backup files. The onboard recorder features both 24-bit and 32-bit float formats so you never have to worry about gain staging on your backup WAV files. Perfect for avoiding dropped signals and wireless interference.
- Recordings are saved to a Micro SD card, up to 128Gb in size
- The transmitter can wirelessly sync its timecode to that of the Deity TC-1 timecode generator. Timecode ensures your backup WAV files will sync with your master file in post.
- You will be able to simultaneously transmit and record (customers inside the US will only be allowed to transmit or record)
- Both the transmitter and receiver can be remotely controlled via the Sidus Audio app. Remote control features include frequency scanning and frequency assignment, frequency coordination between multiple receivers, gain staging, and remotely triggering the backup recorder
- Each device runs on 2 AA batteries for 7-10 hours of battery life. Battery life is also readable by the Sidus Audio app to remotely monitor the status of all your devices on set.
- Full Color LCD screen showcasing the status of the device
- CNC milled aluminum chassis
- SMA antenna ports so you can swap them out to fine tune your antenna to your frequency block or replace them if they get damaged. Also makes transporting gear more compact in its case
As a filmmaker, one of the most important aspects of your work is sound. There is nothing more frustrating than discovering that your audio is unusable due to interference, dropped signals or other issues. This is where the Deity Theos Digital Wireless Microphone System comes in. This state-of-the-art system is designed to make your audio recording process as seamless and stress-free as possible.
Wideband UHF Spectrum
The Deity Theos Digital Wireless Microphone System sets itself apart by utilizing a broad UHF spectrum instead of the congested 2.4Ghz band. This system’s frequencies range from 550-960 MHz. (the actual band size and spectrum will depend on which block / regional kit is purchased). This helps ensure that your audio is free from interference and other issues that can occur when working in a crowded frequency range.
Using a wideband UHF spectrum is especially important for filmmakers who need to work in various locations where multiple devices might compete for frequency space. In such situations, Deity Theos Digital Wireless ensures that you always have a clear frequency to work with, thus lowering the risk of interference.
The Deity Theos Digital Wireless Microphone System also features a transmitter with a built-in recorder for backup files. The onboard recorder features both 24-bit and 32-bit float formats so you never have to worry about gain staging on your backup WAV files. Recordings are saved to a Micro SD card, up to 128Gb in size, providing ample space for your audio recordings.
The built-in recorder is a feature that can come in handy in several ways. For instance, if you’re working on a project where you might lose your wireless signal, the built-in recorder ensures that you still have a backup recording of your audio. Additionally, if you’re working on a project where you need to record audio for an extended period, the built-in recorder ensures that you never have to worry about running out of space on your main device.
Wireless Timecode Sync
The Theos’ most unique feature is that the transmitter can be natively synced wirelessly from the Deity TC-1 timecode generator. Timecode ensures your backup WAV files will sync with your master file in post. This feature is especially useful for filmmakers who need to work with multiple cameras or devices. It ensures that your audio and video files are perfectly synced, thus making the editing process much smoother. Alternatively, the DBTX can be synced via the 3.5mm jack if you are using 3rd party timecode generators.
Remote Control via Sidus Audio App
The Deity Theos Digital Wireless Microphone System has a unique feature that allows remote control of both the transmitter and receiver through the Sidus Audio app. With this app, you can easily perform frequency scanning and assignment, coordinate frequencies among several receivers, adjust gain staging, and remotely trigger the backup recorder. This feature eliminates the need to physically handle the device, making it much more convenient when working on set.
The remote control feature is especially useful for filmmakers who need to work with multiple devices or those who need to make adjustments to their audio settings quickly. It saves time, and it ensures that you never miss a critical moment on set.
Full Color LCD Screen
One of the standout features of the Theos Wireless System is its full-color LCD screen, which displays the status of the device. This screen makes it easy to monitor the system’s performance, ensuring that you always have a clear view of your audio levels, battery life, and other critical information. This feature is especially useful for filmmakers who need to work in various locations and lighting conditions.
SMA Antenna Ports
Both the DBTX and D2RX come with SMA antenna ports, which allow you to swap out antennas to fine-tune your frequency or replace them if they get damaged. This feature makes transporting your gear more compact in its case, which is especially useful when working on location.