The Portkeys LEYE SDI is a lightweight, rugged, cost-effective, and future-proof electronic viewfinder that offers all the outstanding features you can expect from a professional EVF. With a weight of only 265g/9.34oz, this versatile EVF only adds little poundage to your camera rig. In the meantime, the bright 450nits 2.4″ display features a 1440 x 900 resolution, which allows you to immerse in your footage and frame your shots in a crisp and clear way, no matter the outside shooting conditions.
The Portkeys LEYE SDI features one 4K HDMI input, perfect when you’re working with mirrorless/DSLR/cinema cameras that don’t have an SDI output. Furthermore, the 3G-SDI input ensures you can use the Portkeys LEYE SDI on an extensive range of cinema cameras with a rock-solid locking video connector.
You have multiple ways to mount the LEYE SDI directly on your camera or shoulder rig thanks to the three 1/4″-20 mounting points with locating pins and built-in NATO rail at the bottom of the EVF.
The high-quality adjustable Red Oak diopter ring allows you to adjust the diopter range from -3 to +8 to suit users with different eyesight. Lastly, the new eyecup with PU leather and sponge inside ensures soft and comfortable contact for extended periods. This durable eyecup is fast and easy to replace if needed, thanks to its velcro assembly. The closing eyecup door helps prevent your EVF display from getting burned by the sun.
But don’t let the compact form factor of the LEYE SDI fool you, as it houses a complete set of professional monitoring tools, including:
- Exposure tools: Luma and RGB Waveform, Histogram, False Color, and Zebra to accurately expose the image.
- A new Peaking algorithm to help you nail focus easily, and Regional Peaking capability so you can select only a part of the image. Image crop feature is also available to zoom inside your footage and verify focus.
- 3D LUT monitoring. You can load custom LUTs via the USB port.
- Framing guides, grids, aspects, and image flip.
- Anamorphic image de-squeeze with all the standard ratios (1.33x, 1.5x, 2.0x) and the possibility to enter a custom aspect ratio from 0.25 to 4.0x.
- Audio meters.
- Sharpness, chroma, brightness, backlight, tint, and color temperature adjustments.
When it comes to power, there is a built-in Canon LP-E6 battery plate at the back of the unit. With a low power draw of only 5W, a single battery can power the EVF for hours. Furthermore, the 7.4-24V power input with a 4-pin Aviation locking connector – the D-Tap to 4-pin Aviation cable is included – allows you to run your EVF via an external battery for an unlimited time. Lastly, the 5V USB-A power input can be used to power the EVF from a power bank (max. 5V 1A).