The ABonAir AB4000 is the most feature-rich for both HD and 4K wireless video links for professional broadcasters and cinema productions.
Based on ABonAir’s renowned technology used by tier 1 broadcasters and sport production teams for over 12 years, the AB4000 includes unique features that no other system has.
The AB4000 utilizes a wireless optimized H.265 CODEC that ensures a broadcast-level picture quality. In addition ABonAir’s bi-directional radio technology between Transmitter and Receiver allows a steady, robust, uninterrupted, and highly accurate video link as each and every pixel is acknowledged by the Receiver.
Additional features like full HDR support, Tally light, PTZ, CCU and Integrated Intercom make the AB4000 system the most comprehensive solution one can find.
With a coverage range of 300m / 1000 feet and more, intuitive set-up and configuration the AB4000 are ideal for every professional video production and monitoring at any location.
The AB4000 is perfect for:
-Sports – closed arenas as well as small/medium-sized open arenas
-Studios – reality show productions
-News – OB Vans, DSNG and DENG vans
-Live events – stadium concerts and street events
-Religion – Houses of Worship live broadcasts
-Monitoring – movie and commercial productions
4K – full HDR
The AB4000 is a 4K wireless link system that supports frame rates of 4K, 1080p, 1080i, 720p video formats. The HDR supports the highest resolutions of HDR10, HDR10+, 10 bit.
Broadcast Level Picture Quality
+52dB PSNR with ABonAir’s H.265 CODEC technology. ABonAir’s groundbreaking CODEC enables accurate frame encoding at high speeds and excellent picture quality.
Coverage range – up to 300 meters / 1000 feet range
The AB4000, maintaining the highest standards of 4K – HDR support, careful radio design combined with advanced MIMO technology, offers an extremely steady and robust wireless video link for a remarkable range up to 300 meters / 1000 feet with a clear line of sight.
CCU/RCP to Support Your Current System
The AB4000 supports the CCU / RCP (Camera Control Unit / Remote Camera Production units) of all major brands cameras including Sony, Panasonic, Ikegami, Grass Valley, Black Magic, and Hitachi.
PTZ support for remote camera operation
The AB4000 supports any PTZ Robotic Camera Control (Pan-Tilt-Zoom) and can control any remote installation of a camera where a wire connection is not possible.
Multiple Input Multiple Output Antenna Array
MIMO is a method for multiplying the capacity of a radio link using multiple transmit and receive antennas to take advantage of multipath propagation. MIMO is a unique and essential element of ABonAir’s wireless communication products. The AB4000 is utilizing the MIMO technique for sending and receiving more than one data signal simultaneously over the same radio channel.
Unlicensed 5GHz Frequency
The AB4000 operates over unlicensed frequencies for public use for any purpose, allowing even smaller productions to use wireless links easily and free of charge. Thus, making it ideal for any production. Unlicensed systems drive costs down and motivate large networks to also use them even though they own frequencies, with the usage of broadcasts over unlicensed frequencies they are expanding their overage to new domains and see it as a new source for revenues.
With per pixel acknowledgment, The AB4000 utilizes bi-directional radio technology combined with per-pixel acknowledgment where both transmitter and receiver can send and receive data and control information: a packet acknowledgment mechanism identifies errors and quickly fixes them (by re-transmitting the corrupted data) before the frame is presented. This enables bi-directional solutions to assure that all the data is well received without errors, thus increasing picture quality.
- 4K support – 4K60p
- HDR support
- Broadcast level picture quality
- Ultra-low latency
- 300 meters / 1000ft range
- CCU / RCP and PTZ support
- Tally light
- Unlicensed 5GHz frequency
- Automatic set-up
- H.265 CODEC
- MIMO Radio
- Bi-directional radio with per pixel acknowledgement
- Automatic channel selection
- Integrated intercom using the same RF channel
- Video Input and Output: 12G-SDI / HDMI 2.0
- HDR: HDR10, HDR 10+, 10 bit
- Latency: 35 msec
- CODEC: H.265, 4:2:2 bit
- Video Formats: 4K, 1080p, 1080i, 720p
- Frame Rates: 60, 59.94, 50, 30, 29.97, 25, 24, 23.94
Supported CCU/RCP Camera Vendors
- Sony, Panasonic, Ikegami, Grass Valley, Black Magic and Hitachi, RS422/RS485, bi-directional full-duplex, Data link @ 1 Mbps
- Supports PTZ: Robotic Camera Control (Pan-Tilt-Zoom)
- Modulation Modes: OFDM: BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM
- FEC: 1/2, 2/3, 3/4. 5/6, 7/8
- Encryption: AES-128
- Frequency Range: 5GHz band – 4.9-5.875 GHz
- Antenna Connector: RP-SMA
- Transmit Power: Adjustable 200mW
- Sampling Rate: Embedded SDI or HDMI @ 48KHz
- Transmitter & Receiver: Full Duplex
- Voltage: 10V-14V DC
- Transmitter & Receiver Power Consumption: 15W
Mechanical Form Factor
- Size: 16cm x 9cm x 2.5cm
- Weight: 350 grams
- Mounting: Hot Shoe
- Operating Temperature: 32° to 104°F
- Storage Temperature: 4° to 140°F
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- 1x ABonAir AB4000-4K 1000 Foot Range 4K Wireless Video Transmission System – 12G-SDI In / HDMI 2.0 Out